Salary: £36,288.67 including shift allowance
Shift Type: Days 4 on 4 off 12 hours
Reporting to the Engineering Shift Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of breakdowns across the site. As a key member of the Engineering team, you will share responsibility for achieving budgeted machine performance targets and ensuring the machines are kept running to peak performance within the manufacturing unit.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience within FMCG manufacturing environment as multi-skilled maintenance engineer
- HNC / ONC qualified and fully apprenticeship time served ideally with 16th or 17th IEE Wiring Qualification.
- Served a 4 year apprenticeship
- Confident use of a PC and PLC Systems
- With a comprehensive electrical engineering background and experience of operating in a high volume food manufacturing environment as part of a multi-disciplined team in a changing environment where innovation and a continuous improvement culture is key.
- With support of the Engineering Manager, you will ensure targets are met on safety, quality, output, efficiency, energy and waste.
- Ensure the plant is operated in a safe, efficient and economical manner, and in compliance with all current legislative requirements.
- Properly operate all equipment and machinery used on-site.
- Follow up recommendations and requests concerning machinery/plant from production, product development and quality control departments.
- Provide effective and efficient breakdown cover during plant/machinery stoppages/downtime.
For all roles you will need to have experience of working within food industry environment or other FMCG type industry. You must be committed and dedicated with a flexible approach to working additional hours in line with operational demands. The successful candidate must have the ability to work, safely, hygienically and independently, using own initiative and have the ability to meet deadlines. Excellent attention to detail and a flexible and open-minded approach very important in the above roles.
Please note, if you have not previously worked for an FMCG company, unfortunately you will not be considered for this role.
If you are interested in applying for the above role or if you require any further information, please contact Recruitment@kingsland-drinks.com.