Kingsland Drinks is committed to the prevention of modern slavery and human trafficking.
Kingsland Drinks is committed to complying with all of the following statements:
Laws and Human Rights:
- Shall comply with all laws and regulation applicable to its business (including those relating to human rights and employee rights at work).
- Shall comply with all national legislation regarding the employment of children.
- Shall not employ anybody under the age of 16.
- Employees between the ages of 16 and 18 years of age must not be exploited, denied education and arrangements must be made to protect their health and safety.
Employment is freely chosen:
- Shall not use forced, bonded or involuntary labour.
- Shall not engage in human trafficking or exploitation
- Shall not import or use goods tainted by slavery, servitude, forced or compulsory labour or human trafficking.
- Shall allow their employees the right to leave after providing reasonable notice.
Working hours and wages:
- Shall comply with all respective national laws and regulations regarding working hours, wages and benefits.
- Shall ensure that its workers are paid lawful wages, including overtime, premium pay, and equal pay for equal work without discrimination.
- Shall not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, belief, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, or maternity.
- Shall treat all employees with fairness, dignity and respect.
- Shall not tolerate any form of physical, sexual, psychological or verbal harassment or abuse, or victimisation or bullying, within its workforce.
Freedom of Association:
- Shall acknowledge and respect the rights of workers to freely join associations (e.g. trade unions) as permitted by and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Shall not discriminate against workers who choose to belong to associations.
- Shall respect the rights of workers’ associations to represent their members and to bargain collectively for them.
Right to Work:
- Shall only employ workers who are legally authorised to work in their location and facility. This eligibility to work must be validated through the appropriate documentation.
Health and Safety:
- Shall make every effort to ensure that they provide a safe working environment and ensure that documented risk assessments are carried out and acted upon appropriately.
- Shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that any third party who undertakes work or supply for Kingsland shall adhere to the standards and obligations set out in the Kingsland – Modern Slavery Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
- All supervisory levels employees and managers will be trained in line with GLA guidelines.